Unordered List

Recent Post

health

Titulo

Effects Of STDs on Your Pregnancy And Treatment Options


 Sexually transmitted diseases, commonly called STDs, are infections that are spread by having sex with someone who has an STD. Sexually transmitted diseases are passed on from sexual activity that involves the mouth, anus, or vagina.
Pregnant women with a STD may infect their baby before, during, or after the baby’s birth. For this reason, your health care provider will screen you for most STDs at your first prenatal visit. If you have sex with someone who is affected, after your initial screening, you will need to be tested again. Treatment of STDs is the best way to protect you and your baby.




STDs include:
  • Chlamydia
  • Genital herpes
  • Gonorrhea
  • Hepatitis B
  • HIV/AIDS
  • HPV/Genital warts
  • Syphilis
  • Trichomonas Vaginalis (“Trich”)

What are the symptoms of STDs?

Sometimes, there are no symptoms. If symptoms are present, they might include:
  • Bumps, sores, or warts near the mouth, anus, penis, or vagina
  • Swelling or redness near the penis or vagina
  • Skin rash
  • Painful urination
  • Weight loss, loose stools, night sweats
  • Aches, pains, fever, and chills
  • Yellowing of the skin (jaundice)
  • Discharge from the penis or vagina (vaginal discharge might have an odor )
  • Bleeding from the vagina other than during a monthly period
  • Painful sex
  • Severe itching near the penis or vagina

How can STDs affect my pregnancy and treatment options?

STDs in pregnancy can affect you and your developing baby:

Chlamydia: Pregnancy seems to be unaffected by chlamydia infection. However, infants exposed to the infection at birth can develop severe eye infections or pneumonia.
Treatment: Mothers with chlamydia are treated with antibiotics and all newborn babies are given antibiotic eye ointment after birth to prevent infections.

Genital herpes: Herpes infection in pregnant women is relatively safe until she gets ready to deliver. Active herpes lesions on the genitals are contagious and can infect the infant during childbirth. Thus, many women are delivered via cesarean section.
Treatment: Antiviral medications can be given. Cesarean section if indicated.

Gonorrhea: If contracted during pregnancy, the infection can cause mouth sores, fever and blood stream infections. The baby is usually unaffected, but if the baby is born while the mother has an active infection, the baby may develop an eye infection or blindness, joint infections, or blood infections.
Treatment: Mothers with gonorrhea are treated with antibiotics and all newborn babies are given antibiotic eye ointment after birth to prevent infections.

Hepatitis B: This is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus. If a pregnant woman is infected with hepatitis B, she can transmit the infection to the fetus through the placenta, infecting the newborn baby. In addition, women with hepatitis B are more likely to have premature birth delivery. However, early screening and vaccination can prevent the worst outcomes of this infection.
Treatment: If you have hepatitis B, your doctor will give your newborn baby an injection of antibodies and a vaccine to prevent the baby from becoming infected.

HIV/AIDS: Thanks to the advent of powerful medication combinations, transmission of HIV infection to your infant is almost completely preventable. However, if the disease is passed on, the baby may develop the HIV infection.
Treatment: Although HIV/AIDS is an incurable disease, you can prevent transmitting the virus to your baby by taking various medications.

HPV/genital warts: It is a common STD that can present with lesions or may have no symptoms at all. Treatment: If you contract genital warts during pregnancy, treatment may be delayed until after you deliver. Delivery is only affected if large genital warts are present, and your health care provider will discuss delivery options with you.

Syphilis: Syphilis is easily passed on to your unborn child and is likely to cause fatal infections. Untreated infants can be born premature or develop problems in multiple organs, including eyes, ears, heart, skin, and bones.
Treatment: Your health care provider will likely prescribe antibiotics to you during pregnancy to reduce the risk of transmission to your baby.

Trichomonas Vaginalis: This is a parasite that causes vaginal discharge. If left untreated, babies can be premature and have low birth weight.
Treatment: This infection is easily treatable with antibiotics.

If you are given an antibiotic to treat an STD, it’s important that you take all of your medicine, even if the symptoms go away. Also, never take someone else's medicine to treat your illness. By doing so, you might make it more difficult to treat the infection. Likewise, you should not share your medicine with others.

How can I protect myself from STDs?

Here are some basic steps you can take to help protect yourself from STDs:
  • Not having sex is the only sure way to prevent STDs.
  • Use a condom every time you have sex. (If you use a lubricant, make sure it is water-based.)
  • Limit your number of sex partners.
  • Practice monogamy. This means having sex with only one person. That person must also have sex with only you to reduce your risk.
  • Get checked for STDs. Don’t risk giving the infection to someone else or your baby. Just because you have been screened in early pregnancy, doesn’t mean you can’t contract an STD later in pregnancy. If you have engaged in unprotected sex since your initial STD screening, please request another set of STD screenings from your health care provider.
  • Don’t use alcohol or drugs before you have sex, especially when pregnant. You might be less likely to practice safe sex if you are drunk or high.
  • Know the signs and symptoms of STDs. Look for them in yourself and your sex partners.
  • Learn about STDs. The more you know about STDs, the better you can protect yourself.

How can I prevent spreading a sexually transmitted disease?

  • Stop having sex until you see a health care provider and are treated.
  • Follow your health care provider’s instructions for treatment.
  • Use condoms whenever you have sex, especially with new partners.
  • Don’t resume having sex unless your health care provider says it’s okay.
  • Return to your health care provider to get rechecked.
  • Be sure your sex partner or partners also are treated.

Where can I learn more?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
CDC Hotline: 1.800.232.4636
www.cdc.gov

10 comments

  1. Should you honestly desire to be free from the chains of sicknesses, call or write Doctor white now on >: OO2349091844595 and email:- drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com , I’m Aldrich Rexton from Canada. How indebted I’m to this man called Doctor WHITE for being an instrument to cure me from HIV/AIDS and my youngest sister from HEPATITIS respectively. He was introduced to him by a Brazilian doctor who have also benefited from his herbal viral cure 6years ago. He said to me “Doctor White is gifted, a man of few words and trusted. Call him and you will be glad you did” such words from a highly rated medical doctor prompted me to write him immediately out of curiosity. I told him about my sister and he opted to cure me before my sister this to him was to prove himself. He advised me on things to abstain from during the period of treatment and also go for a laboratory confirmation test after a stipulated time. I took the herbal cure as he prescribed and went for the test right there in the laboratory was my first day to have tears of joy and instantly i requested to purchase hepatitis cure for my kid sister which we tracked online and received in few days for this she takes me as her Idol after she’s cured, our joy is restored. I urged you to keep these contacts as life saving once being it herpes, Cancer, Depression or Diabetes. Save a life today and this will always bring you joy.
    THanks, Aldrich Rexton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly nature can heal it all. I can conveniently say this because I have walked down that road, I have been between the devil and the deep blue sea, I have seen the bad and the ugly in trying to get my life fixed not withstanding how many times I failed i was still determined to get healing because I was young and had dependants. Physicians told me to learn to leave with itching, pains and burnings and continue to take my pills even when they make me depressed. I decided to exploit more by stuffing the internet and researches behold i read a great testimonies of Dr. White {DRWHITETHEHIVHEALER@GMAIL.COM} Published by a sincere survival on national daily. Being a herbalist with a big heart the man I will always call dad and savior, we discussed and he vowed to saved me provided I tell others about him after which he sent me the cure through courier to be used twice daily for 2weeks. My only difficulty was one of the medicines was pretty bitter but Don’t just give up hopes now, keep faith, this man is anointed by the most high to help end your HERPES, other VIRUSES and BACTERIAL infections. Email him today or Watsapp +2349091844595 and thank heaven thereafter. Go through the tunnel it promises to give light at the end. For further guidance write me on {phynmarcel15@gmail.com}

      Delete
  2. Truly nature can heal it all. I can conveniently say this because I have walked down that road, I have been between the devil and the deep blue sea, I have seen the bad and the ugly in trying to get my life fixed not withstanding how many times I failed i was still determined to get healing because I was young and had dependants. Physicians told me to learn to leave with itching, pains and burnings and continue to take my pills even when they make me depressed. I decided to exploit more by stuffing the internet and researches behold i read a great testimonies of Dr. White {DRWHITETHEHIVHEALER@GMAIL.COM} Published by a sincere survival on national daily. Being a herbalist with a big heart the man I will always call dad and savior, we discussed and he vowed to saved me provided I tell others about him after which he sent me the cure through courier to be used twice daily for 2weeks. My only difficulty was one of the medicines was pretty bitter but Don’t just give up hopes now, keep faith, this man is anointed by the most high to help end your HERPES, other VIRUSES and BACTERIAL infections. Email him today or Watsapp +2349091844595 and thank heaven thereafter. Go through the tunnel it promises to give light at the end. For further guidance write me on {phynmarcel15@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. - [ ] I'm here to testify about the great work Dr Osebor did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Osebor on how he cured her from HIV Virus. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact Dr Osebor for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him on ( oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com ) telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr Osebor assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So 
    - [ ] friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr Osebor via email. { oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com }or call or what sapp him on( +2348073245515 )
    - [ ] DR osebor CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
    - [ ]  HIV/AIDS
    - [ ]  HERPES
    - [ ] CANCER
    - [ ] ALS
    - [ ] cancer 
    - [ ] Diabetes
    eye problem etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information.


    【Visit: Dr Raina's SAFE HANDS Clinic】is the Best Sexologist Doctors in Delhi for Erectile Dysfunction, PE, & Infertility Treatment. Sexologist near me, India for over 20 years.


    【अपनी ताकत व् शक्ति बढ़ाएं. हसीन पालो का एहसास. बेहतर परिणाम】

    【पुरुषों को पेनिस में होने वाली इन समस्याओं को नहीं करना चाहिए नजरअंदाज】

    Penis Enlargement Medicine in Delhi

    【लिंग का 'साइज' बढ़ाने के टिप्स】

    【पेनिस का आकार बड़ा करने के 6 तरीके】

    【लिंग को मोटा, बड़ा और मजबूत बनाने】

    Best Sexologist Doctor in Delhi

    【क्या आप सेक्स को लेकर परेशान हैं】

    【सेक्स करने का मन नहीं करता? 】

    【पुरुषों की 5 सेक्स समस्याएं 】

    【लिंग के साइज को लेकर चिंतित हैं】

    Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Delhi


    【Sex Problems Solution】

    【Sex Power Medicine for man】

    【Long Time Sex Medicine name in india】

    【गुप्त रोग का 100% ईलाज】

    【धातु गिरने का इलाज, सेक्स समस्याओं का हल, लिंग का टेढ़ा, तिरछा और छोटापन किसी को भी परेशान कर सकता है. 】

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here to appreciate Dr OGU for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 2 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. OGU curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. on his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com , i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via DHL which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .OGU , God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cures.i dont know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases.. DIABETES, CANCER,GENITAL AND SIMPLEX HERPES,LOW SPERMS COUNT,SYPHILIS, HIV/AIDS, FIBRIOD,COPD,MENINGITIES,HEPATITIES B [HBV] DISEASES .etc why don't you contact dr.Ogu today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ODUWA contact number. +2347036797462 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ODUWA herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ODUWA and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.oduwaspllhome@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2347036797462
    He can also cure so many sickness
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}Epilepsy
    {4}Blood Cancer
    {5}HPV
    {7}ALS
    {8}Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of HSV, HPV, Herpes, Liver diseases, Anxiety, Fever ,diarrhoea, aches and pains, sore throat , etc , by natural medicine, so I decided to contact the Naturopath Dr because I know nature has the power to heal anything. Believe it or not. but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +233502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 ,For herbs and medications. Or you can also contact through his Facebook page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been testing hpv positive for almost 6 years. My doctor always recommends pills which I have been taking, recently i decided not to take any pills because I'm young and I can't just start taking medicine at an early stage. lucky-ling i found strong herbalist doctor who cure every disease with natural treatments and i contacted him after some conversation with him he prepared hpv cure and sent to me after taking it for two weeks i went for test when the test came out my result was excellent I'm totally cured I'm so happy for it. I just can't keep this testimony. I decided to share it to others, especially those that tested hpv positive should contact this herbal doctor to get treatment. doctor agumba also cure lost of diseases as follows,
    fibroid,
    asthma,
    cold sore,
    hsv/warts,
    hiv/aids,
    impotence,
    hpv/genital wart,
    cervical cancer,
    bareness/infertility,
    https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Agumba-Galiga-Solutioncenter-102663515008377/ Whats-app +2349032173881 email; dragumbasolutioncenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Symphony

Powered by Blogger.